A short sale is selling a property for less than what the homeowner owes the lender or the mortgage company. Although the lender will receive less than what is owed, they would rather do a short sale over a lengthy and costly foreclosure.
How Can Helpful Realty Help Me If I Decided To Go For A Short Sale?
When you are in the difficult situation of not being able to pay your mortgage and don’t want to foreclose, Helpful Realty can help make the process easier.
- We can help you establish your eligibility for a short sale. There are several criteria that need to be met such as the house being worth less than what you owe, proof of financial hardship and not qualifying for a loan modification.
- The “short” in short sale doesn’t refer to the time frame when the property will be sold; it refers to selling the property for less than, or “short” of, what is still owed. The lender or mortgage company has to find the price acceptable. This is where we come in. We negotiate with the lender on your behalf and since we have the skills and experience doing short sales, we know how to get the best deal for you.
- We can help you navigate the labyrinth of paperwork which is quite substantial.
- We offer multiple payment options such as cash, certified funds and pre-scheduled check payments.
- We have the ability to expedite the process and we can sometimes close within 7 days. This means you get to close your doors on the troubling affair and make a fresh start.
Contact us today for a consultation! Our team always aims to find a mutually beneficial solution. In the off chance that we are not in a position to give you the best resolution to your problem, we will let you know about any other available options and provide you with sufficient details so you can make an informed decision.